Windows 11 23H2 22631.4460 showing end of service message

Anonymous
2024-11-12T23:05:51+00:00

Just updated windows 11 to 22631.4460 and I am seeing a "End of Service" message in settings under windows update. It was my understanding that 23H2 was receiving updates till 2025? Is this a bug?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Neil D 34,335 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-20T08:50:05+00:00

    I noticed this update breaks the search indexing on the search app with a message "Search indexing was turned off" which happens on reboot and lasts a few minutes. The latest consumer disk image for windows 12 version 24h2 also has the bug because this update is integrated into the OS image.

    There is no such thing as Windows 12

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T03:54:06+00:00

    I noticed this update breaks the search indexing on the search app with a message "Search indexing was turned off" which happens on reboot and lasts a few minutes. The latest consumer disk image for windows 12 version 24h2 also has the bug because this update is integrated into the OS image.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Neil D 34,335 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-17T22:24:50+00:00

    Bev and Judy

    As it is Windows 11 there is the option to reinstall windows via Settings > System > Recovery > Fix problems using windows update > Reinstall now.

    What happens if you try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T22:06:28+00:00

    I have the problem of trying to get Windows Update Program to install. When I try an install Windows goes into check mode for some time and eventually does nothing. I re-installed Windows 11 in June and ever since have been unable to get Windows Update Program to work. I would like comments on what to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T01:07:08+00:00

    I had the same issue yesterday. Same message.

    When I started up today that message was gone and all is fine.

    Hitbit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments