Any new word on an update to fix Windows 11 and its problems with Easy Anti-Cheat?

Anonymous
2024-11-17T12:22:00+00:00

Okay, I've seen this asked elsewhere with no response but I'll throw my hat in the ring as its my problem now too. Background: I just bought a prebuilt from corsair and it is already running Win 11 Pro 24H2 and has a Intel Ultra 9 285K CPU. I updated everything to current release on the software and hardware side. Its extremely disappointing that essentially out of the box I cant run any game that utilizes EAC it crashes to blue screen with the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and auto restarts. I cant even get Easy Anti-cheat to open to see if it needs update (it just quickly closes as soon as it opens) Ive reached out to game devs CiG, and sabre interactive, publishers Epic (who also created EAC), Steam, i even asked intel because id heard that the new CPUs dont like EAC either and now am about to try Microsoft and I cannot for the life of me get a straight answer or story on what I am supposed to do. There's no previous version I can recover to. Lol, Im stuck with a gaming computer that cant utilize gaming's most common anti cheat, because of Windows it seems.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ivan B 124.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-11-21T13:36:34+00:00

Hi ,

Perfect now, you will do the following and access the bios Activate VT-D and Resizable BAR.

Then the on commando prompt will open and execute the commands below:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard /t REG_DWORD /v EnableVirtualizationBasedSecurity /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\CredentialGuard /t REG_DWORD /v Enabled /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity /t REG_DWORD /v Enabled /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\KeyGuard\Status /t REG_DWORD /v CredGuardEnabled /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\KeyGuard\Status /t REG_DWORD /v KeyGuardEnabled /d 1 /f

Reboot

You will go and take the test.

Credits.: https://www.overclock.net/threads/overclocking-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Hope this helps.

If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.

Independent Advisor - Community

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T13:06:06+00:00

    Gotcha, here you go: 112124-8515-01.dmp

    heres one from today when I tried to launch Star Citizen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ivan B 124.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-11-21T13:36:05+00:00

    Hi ,

    Perfect now, you will do the following and access the bios Activate VT-D and Resizable BAR.

    Then the on commando prompt will open and execute the commands below:

    DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V

    reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard /t REG_DWORD /v EnableVirtualizationBasedSecurity /d 1 /f

    reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\CredentialGuard /t REG_DWORD /v Enabled /d 1 /f

    reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity /t REG_DWORD /v Enabled /d 1 /f

    reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\KeyGuard\Status /t REG_DWORD /v CredGuardEnabled /d 1 /f

    reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\KeyGuard\Status /t REG_DWORD /v KeyGuardEnabled /d 1 /f

    Reboot

    You will go and take the test.

    Hope this helps.

    If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T00:05:18+00:00

    Holy heck this actually worked.

    Checked my BIOS first to ensure Riseable BAR and Virtualisation were active - they both already were in my case, so no change needed.

    The "DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V" part of the code failed since I don't think I have Hyper-V on my system, but the registry edits following that, all succeeded.

    Following a reboot, tried Space Marine 2.

    The game launched just fine without anything further (didn't even do a file check/ repair), as though there were no issue.

    Incredible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T08:37:10+00:00

    Ivan,

    So I turned on VT-D because it was off in BiOS, but it wont let me enter the commands in command prompt, it gives me this for the first two prompts:

    C:\Users\camer>DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V

    Error: 740

    Elevated permissions are required to run DISM.

    Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks.

    C:\Users\camer>reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard /t REG_DWORD /v EnableVirtualizationBasedSecurity /d 1 /f

    ERROR: Access is denied.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments