Any new word on an update to fix Windows 11 and its problems with Easy Anti-Cheat?

Anonymous
2024-11-17T12:22:00+00:00

Okay, I've seen this asked elsewhere with no response but I'll throw my hat in the ring as its my problem now too. Background: I just bought a prebuilt from corsair and it is already running Win 11 Pro 24H2 and has a Intel Ultra 9 285K CPU. I updated everything to current release on the software and hardware side. Its extremely disappointing that essentially out of the box I cant run any game that utilizes EAC it crashes to blue screen with the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and auto restarts. I cant even get Easy Anti-cheat to open to see if it needs update (it just quickly closes as soon as it opens) Ive reached out to game devs CiG, and sabre interactive, publishers Epic (who also created EAC), Steam, i even asked intel because id heard that the new CPUs dont like EAC either and now am about to try Microsoft and I cannot for the life of me get a straight answer or story on what I am supposed to do. There's no previous version I can recover to. Lol, Im stuck with a gaming computer that cant utilize gaming's most common anti cheat, because of Windows it seems.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ivan B 124.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-11-21T13:36:34+00:00

Hi ,

Perfect now, you will do the following and access the bios Activate VT-D and Resizable BAR.

Then the on commando prompt will open and execute the commands below:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard /t REG_DWORD /v EnableVirtualizationBasedSecurity /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\CredentialGuard /t REG_DWORD /v Enabled /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity /t REG_DWORD /v Enabled /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\KeyGuard\Status /t REG_DWORD /v CredGuardEnabled /d 1 /f

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\KeyGuard\Status /t REG_DWORD /v KeyGuardEnabled /d 1 /f

Reboot

You will go and take the test.

Credits.: https://www.overclock.net/threads/overclocking-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Hope this helps.

If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.

Independent Advisor - Community

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T04:21:44+00:00

    If only we had the option to roll back but yeah my pc was shipped with the current update to win11 too. Sorry you’re going through this stuff too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T04:09:23+00:00

    Hi Ivan,

    Not the OP but I have a minidump available with exactly the same issue. New prebuilt PC with the Ultra 7 265K, runs perfectly fine for every purpose, no issue on anything aside from any game that boots up Easy-Anti-Cheat before launch. This includes Space Marine 2, Armored Core 6 and Elden Ring - straight to blue screen with the same "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" code. Specifically, the blue screen consistently (every single time) occurs after the easy-anti-cheat 'bootup' mini-window has fully loaded, before the game itself is actually able to launch.

    I have tested a bypass for Space Marine 2 that limits it to a single-player offline mode without Easy-Anti-Cheat enabled, and can confirm the game runs smoothly, so the issue is specifically with EAC.

    Windows is updated to the latest update, graphics drivers are the latest they can be, I even reached out to PC-Specialist who built and shipped the PC for me who kindly provided me with the latest BIOS update for the motherboard, but none of that has resolved it. Disabled Core Isolation as well, the issue remains. It was suggested that Secure Boot may be an issue as well, but after disabling this in the BIOS it didn't help either.

    The one solution I have heard that seems to work is rolling back to a Windows 23H version from 24H (this has cleared the issue for those that have mentioned it in multiple reddit threads and Steam discussion forum posts in the rare cases I've found it), but as this is a brand new PC I don't have a version to 'roll back' to.

    Uploaded the minidump to my google drive here; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S9xNHUBZVHbz75aDXSFdITO-D5RANzo1/view?usp=sharing

    I'm not entirely sure what's left to do other than wait for Windows to make possible updates to resolve it, unless someone's able to happen upon the specific cause.

    Best regards,

    Ross

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ivan B 124.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-11-19T13:39:01+00:00

    Hi ,

    If possible, you can upload the two files in the zip and post again, unfortunately it is showing as incomplete files.}

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T13:29:13+00:00

    i just compressed them to zip files with the right click menu from the dump file folder and uploaded them to google drive. i didnt edit them in any way that i know of.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments