How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T14:36:08+00:00

Hey everyone,

I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.

One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.

Please help me.

regards,

fellow window user

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T21:40:32+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T14:58:04+00:00

    Thank you so much for this solution!

    It didn't work for me the first time. I closed all apps, restarted the machine, installed the latest WinAppSDK ( https://learn.microsoft.com/hu-hu/windows/apps/windows-app-sdk/downloads ) and hit RETRY on Windows Store for each app that was 'stuck' one-by-one and then everything finally started to work again magically. What a relief!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T14:59:56+00:00

    Thank you so much for providing this link!!!

    I restarted the machine and then installed this WinAppSDK and then hit "Retry" for each of the stuck app on the Microsoft store ... and each one updated successfully! What a relief!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T17:58:14+00:00

    Thank you so much for providing this link!!!

    I restarted the machine and then installed this WinAppSDK and then hit "Retry" for each of the stuck app on the Microsoft store ... and each one updated successfully! What a relief!!!

    Same here! Thanks Guys!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T21:40:32+00:00

    I have the same issue... seems every time I restart new programs are not working.

    Started after the latest MS updates in November.

    I'm going to try installing them and see what happens.

    Well, I uninstalled the last two updates and still getting the same problem. I think there were at least 7 to 8 apps that are stuck in this bar uploading unable to install process.

    Is Microsoft aware of this issue and when is it going to be fixed? I need to be using these apps for my work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments