How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T14:36:08+00:00

Hey everyone,

I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.

One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.

Please help me.

regards,

fellow window user

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T18:47:04+00:00

    Here is a workaround: https://github.com/microsoft/WindowsAppSDK/issues/4881#issuecomment-2480939942

    The problem is the Windows App SDK, used to create modern native Windows apps like Whatsapp on the Microsoft store. The team said it's working on a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T18:48:45+00:00

    Today both WhatsApp and Skype are working again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T07:48:21+00:00

    Thanks mate!! guys If you have a big problem, follow the solution "codendone" suggests. If not, go to the microsoft store and update this app >

    Image

    and everything will work fine. I only needed to update this app and boom everything back to normal

    -

    option 3: (best one) just download this and install > https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/windows-app-sdk/downloads

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T08:25:18+00:00

    Mines all fixed, I downloaded the latest x64 stable installer (1.6.3) from here, then re-installed WhatsApp and all is working on my pc again.

    Latest downloads for the Windows App SDK - Windows apps | Microsoft Learn

    Should work for everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments