How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T14:36:08+00:00

Hey everyone,

I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.

One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.

Please help me.

regards,

fellow window user

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T00:45:09+00:00

    I am having the same issue but nothing in this thread has worked so far. I have had this issue several times before & now it seems unresolvable

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T10:16:40+00:00

    I am having the same issue, but with the Microsoft Photos app.

    It errors out when attempting to open a picture. It suggests reinstalling the app.

    https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/16b6d572-b303-4a4f-8361-638b575820cc?platform=QnA&fud_access=hC1SxZhn7m%2FZQJkOIiOVstu10yTQgXS4A%2FDBzZTg8nbaCgIogkrcDydMeI5Y4za2dOqDdWtsG2JNS3E35V60i9TiGHR7STMpJHheeXuDvO8nwjUlqCBHhJ0NDvuYN7OS3R%2Fv%2FpZ1N2Rl6Ai5rByRzKXSQGcTgCvm%2BZSOpeZooPWhykufXM9tBGpw3LcMWvgPbOBxloIDi2BdIeRJ159n9XKecKiBHYPpHIJIM3YASmG2VS9u%2FAwoVdhota0q9HLVzt6IqQqqH%2BLftUUutDonWkmuRmmy97w3VylBZ3t9oeRFCYg3bCIEKHxviK7S6NYCo9ngFpcFfqY%2BC65tBcOtUxijnMHWYJtcEcilZDQKLYg%2B6dCZYI%2BRLSin15QLDnRW3z3uPap8NxPkva5meDjjBOJehKo5TBcUpoVTcyay%2Fng%3D

    It fails to uninstall with error code 0x80073cfa

    It fails to update via the MS Store with error code 0x80073CF9

    And it fails on PowerShell with admin rights with error code 0x80073CFA

    It's funny how using "Get-AppxLog" seems to say to try updating the app via the MS Store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T10:26:23+00:00

    As suggested, I also tried running this command to disable development mode, I never enabled it in the first place.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T11:17:17+00:00

    someone from ms really messed up with these november-patchday-patches.

    after about one week after the november-patchday the store is slowly healing from 0x80073cf9-Bug. powerautomate, whatsapp, skype, ... are working again. only inkscape is still broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T11:20:04+00:00

    Now Microsoft Copilot seems to have the same issue.

    This seems to be a bad Windows update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments