How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T14:36:08+00:00

Hey everyone,

I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.

One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.

Please help me.

regards,

fellow window user

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T17:28:53+00:00

    I had the exact same problem.

    Just removed the latest update and it started working again.

    Hope that it helps.

    What update are you referring to please?

    Could you please describe the method you used to remove the update

    I have the same problem and can't use WhatsApp on my computer now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T15:09:14+00:00

    I had the exact same problem.

    Just removed the latest update and it started working again.

    Hope that it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T08:17:04+00:00

    I got the error on this step. I am not able to open WhatsApp app on windows. It was working fine earlier. I think that this problem started only after the new patch update few days back.

    ================================

    **Re-register and reinstall the Microsoft Store app
    Press Windows key + X
    Click and Run Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    Copy and paste the command below then press Enter.

    Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    =====================================

    Error Message:

    =========

    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.

    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] c6a6c20b-37fe-0002-5f63-a7c6fe37db01 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID c6a6c20b-37fe-0002-5f63-a7c6fe37db01

    At line:1 char:53

    • ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
    •             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
      
      • CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
      • FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T06:01:30+00:00

    I have the same problem and tried your solution, but, when I get to to the point of re-registering and reinstalling the Microsoft Store app, I get the following error message on Windows PowerShell (Admin):

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.

    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 1c848a04-37eb-0000-189f-851ceb37db01 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 1c848a04-37eb-0000-189f-851ceb37db01

    At line:1 char:53

    + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    *+ CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException* 
    
    *+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand*
    

    Could you please advise on how to proceed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T22:30:32+00:00

    Hi there-

    I have the same issue for 7 different apps, one of which is essential to my day to day operations. The issue is not at user end- it clearly states in the Microsoft Store Updates and Downloads page that it's an issue at Microsoft end and to retry later. When will this be resolved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments