I did not note which update it was. Was one of the latest that I received around thursday-friday. I remember it was a security update. I didn't remove the latest servicing stack.
You can remove updates from update history.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hey everyone,
I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.
One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.
Please help me.
regards,
fellow window user
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I did not note which update it was. Was one of the latest that I received around thursday-friday. I remember it was a security update. I didn't remove the latest servicing stack.
You can remove updates from update history.
someone from ms really messed up with these november-patchday-patches.
after about one week after the november-patchday the store is slowly healing from 0x80073cf9-Bug. powerautomate, whatsapp, skype, ... are working again. only inkscape is still broken.
I am having the same issue, but with the Microsoft Photos app.
It errors out when attempting to open a picture. It suggests reinstalling the app.
https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/16b6d572-b303-4a4f-8361-638b575820cc?platform=QnA&fud_access=hC1SxZhn7m%2FZQJkOIiOVstu10yTQgXS4A%2FDBzZTg8nbaCgIogkrcDydMeI5Y4za2dOqDdWtsG2JNS3E35V60i9TiGHR7STMpJHheeXuDvO8nwjUlqCBHhJ0NDvuYN7OS3R%2Fv%2FpZ1N2Rl6Ai5rByRzKXSQGcTgCvm%2BZSOpeZooPWhykufXM9tBGpw3LcMWvgPbOBxloIDi2BdIeRJ159n9XKecKiBHYPpHIJIM3YASmG2VS9u%2FAwoVdhota0q9HLVzt6IqQqqH%2BLftUUutDonWkmuRmmy97w3VylBZ3t9oeRFCYg3bCIEKHxviK7S6NYCo9ngFpcFfqY%2BC65tBcOtUxijnMHWYJtcEcilZDQKLYg%2B6dCZYI%2BRLSin15QLDnRW3z3uPap8NxPkva5meDjjBOJehKo5TBcUpoVTcyay%2Fng%3D
It fails to uninstall with error code 0x80073cfa
It fails to update via the MS Store with error code 0x80073CF9
And it fails on PowerShell with admin rights with error code 0x80073CFA
It's funny how using "Get-AppxLog" seems to say to try updating the app via the MS Store.