download new WinAppSDK https://learn.microsoft.com/hu-hu/windows/apps/windows-app-sdk/downloads
How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?
Hey everyone,
I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.
One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.
Please help me.
regards,
fellow window user
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-11-20T21:40:32+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-20T09:08:26+00:00 Thanks mate!! guys If you have a big problem, follow the solution "codendone" suggests. If not, go to the microsoft store and update this app >
and everything will work fine. I only needed to update this app and boom everything back to normal
Finally! It looks like the latest update to WinAppRuntime.Singleton has solved this issue. You might need to Terminate the app in order to update it individually first, and then you should be able to update the rest of the apps stuck with the error. To Terminate it (or Repair/Reset) go to Settings -> Apps -> Apps & Features -> Microsoft Windows App Runtime Singleton -> Advanced options -> Terminate and then click Retry in Microsoft Store and for me it then updated without error.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-19T22:35:33+00:00 I tried this, but I still have the issue where no app is updating, but giving an error saying "Something happened on our end"
-
Anonymous
2024-11-19T19:50:37+00:00 Thank you very much!
I had trouble with copilot, only this solution worked for me. -
Anonymous
2024-11-19T19:42:40+00:00 To remove the latest Windows update, follow these steps:
- Open Settings:
Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to Update & Security:
Select Update & Security.
- View Update History:
In the Windows Update tab, click on View update history.
- Uninstall Updates:
Scroll down and click on Uninstall updates.
This will open a list of installed updates.
- Select the Update to Remove:
Find the most recent update in the list (you can look for "Feature Update" or "Quality Update").
Select it and click Uninstall.
- Follow Prompts:
Follow any prompts to confirm the uninstallation. Some updates might require you to restart your computer.