How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T14:36:08+00:00

Hey everyone,

I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.

One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.

Please help me.

regards,

fellow window user

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. John DeV 170.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-11-14T15:10:40+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    When was the last time it worked properly?

    If you have a third-party VPN or Antivirus installed, please try to temporarily uninstall it then check if the issue persists.

    Please try changing your Region to United States if it helps.

    Please try signing-out of your Microsoft Account then signing-in again from the Microsoft Store app.

    Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

    **Reset the Microsoft Store cache

    Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

    type wsreset.exe -i

    and then select OK.

    Note:

    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

    **Check the Microsoft Store Install Service

    Press the Windows Key + S and type in services.msc.

    Find the Microsoft Store Install Service and double click, If the status is Running, right click it then select Restart

    If disabled, change it to Automatic, click Start and click OK.

    **Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

    After that, restart your computer

    **Re-register and reinstall the Microsoft Store app

    Press Windows key + X

    Click and Run Windows PowerShell (Admin)

    Copy and paste the command below then press Enter.

    Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    Restart your computer

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns by clicking the "Reply" button at the end of my response. I will appreciate it.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments