hey John, took all of your steps and got progress, but stuck at the update screen now, it wouldn't complete the update. On the system requirement tab, it says 'couldn't detect hardware' also I'm on a windows 10 pro, i don't think i have to update my windows version yet again, what do you suggest at this point?
How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?
Hey everyone,
I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.
One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.
Please help me.
regards,
fellow window user
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-02-21T00:47:01+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-30T13:09:14+00:00 Hi,
It has started to work again yesterday (Nov 29). I have not installed anything... However I do see the same recent Windows Update in the list of installed updates...
-
Anonymous
2024-11-30T00:29:43+00:00 I am having the same issue. 8 applications could not get updates, could not uninstall, and could not run at all. After I uninstalled KB5046613, and restarted the computer, all applications automatically get their updates and were functional again. Except WhatApps, where it was still not able to get the update properly. I did install WhatApps Beta version, and it is running fine.
PS: my laptop is company's laptop.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-25T00:07:29+00:00 It seems that the offending update for me was KB5046613.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-23T15:19:15+00:00 the post above worked for me:
Hello Rhonda,
The following solution worked for me on Nov 21, 2024.
- Download the latest WinAppSDK ( https://learn.microsoft.com/hu-hu/windows/apps/windows-app-sdk/downloads ) (Don't install it yet)
- Close all apps, and restart PC
3. Install the previously downloaded latest WinAppSDK
4. Open Microsoft Store App and hit RETRY for each app that was 'stuck' one-by-one ... they should all now install correctly without errors.
I encountered the issue around Nov 14, 2024 and the above steps worked for me on Nov 21, 2024 ... noting that the latest WinAppsSDK was released on Nov 18. 2024.
Good Luck!