download new WinAppSDK https://learn.microsoft.com/hu-hu/windows/apps/windows-app-sdk/downloads
How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?
Hey everyone,
I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.
One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.
Please help me.
regards,
fellow window user
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-11-20T21:40:32+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-16T23:59:37+00:00 Thanks. I doubted the windows update. It started after recent updates only.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-16T18:04:28+00:00 To be honest, the issue rose before I installed the last Windows Updates. I only installed git via winget yesterday. This is the only new thing that changed on my system between the time it worked and today when MS store tried to update apps and failed. I doubt the problem is due to a Windows Update. If it works after reverting a Windows Update, it could be because the process itself did something generic that helped. Since the error is :
Sorry about that!Something went wrong. We're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Tryrefreshing or come back later.Code: Ox80073CF9
I suggest to wait one week and not trying some fixes that could do more harm than good.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-16T17:28:53+00:00 I had the exact same problem.
Just removed the latest update and it started working again.
Hope that it helps.
What update are you referring to please?
Could you please describe the method you used to remove the update
I have the same problem and can't use WhatsApp on my computer now.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-16T15:09:14+00:00 I had the exact same problem.
Just removed the latest update and it started working again.
Hope that it helps.