Windows Security identifies Powershell as Trojan. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T11:32:31+00:00

I thought I solved this problem about 2 weeks ago. But unfortunately this issue has once again persisting where Windows Security will identify Powershell as Trojan. It keeps saying "Threat removed or restored", and what makes the whole thing strange for me is this same problem pops up at a fixed time at 2:04, 6:04, 10:04, and this on both AM and PM.

Detected: Trojan:PowerShell/TommyTech.C

Status: Removed or restored

This threat or app was removed from quarantine or restored to the device.

Date: 11/24/2024 6:04 AM

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items:

amsi: \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

When I go to hit click more, it sends me to this link (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/threat-search?query=Trojan:PowerShell/TommyTech.C**)******and reads: Attention: We have transitioned to a new AAD or Microsoft Entra ID from the week of May 20, 2024. In case your tenant requires admin consent, please refer to this document located at Overview of user and admin consent - Microsoft Entra ID | Microsoft Learn and grant access to App ID: 6ba09155-cb24-475b-b24f-b4e28fc74365 with graph permissions for Directory.Read.All and User.Read for continued access. While the app may appear unverified, you can confirm its legitimacy by verifying the App ID provided.

By this point, you can say that I'm a bit of a tech illiterate. Because this is the part where I get stumped on as to what I need to do. If I can have someone give me step by step solution to the problem that I'm having, it'd be fantastic.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
_AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-11-14T12:05:53+00:00

To thoroughly check for and remove any malware, please run a scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and share your logs.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Note: If you are using Edge, SmartScreen may initially block the download.

Click on the three dots next to the warning and select Keep => Show more => Keep anyway.

  • If your computer's language is not English, rename FRST64.exe to FRST64English.exe
  • Run the tool, leave the default settings, and press Scan.
  • Zip the logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, then upload to a cloud storage service like OneDrive, Google Drive or Gofile.
  • Post the share link.

Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T19:19:37+00:00

    It's been uploaded to One Drive. I'll keep it up for a little while.

    FRST Scan txt files.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. _AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-14T22:55:13+00:00

    This should sort things for you.

    • Download Fixlist.txt and save it in the Downloads folder.
    • Close any apps with unsaved work.
    • Run FRST64.exe and click "Fix".
    • The computer will reboot to complete the process.

    Please upload the resulting log from your Downloads folder, Fixlog.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T02:18:57+00:00

    Here’s the fix log:

    Fixlog.txt

    I’ll also be deleting this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. _AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-15T02:32:41+00:00

    That all looks good in the fixlog. Is the issue resolved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments