The Notes App was not on my desktop. I started the app, and it doesn't have my prior Note that was there before. Any idea where to find it?
Failed Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10
I am attempting to do an in-place upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I used the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. It goes through the process, then around 79% it jumps to "your PC will restart in a few moments" then without restarting it returns to my Win 7 desktop and has a gray box that says "Windows 10 installation has failed"
Things I have done to try and resolve, primarily from suggestions found in MS Forums and Tenforums for other people that had the same problem:
\*Uninstalled MSE and SuperAntiSpyware
\*Disable Malwarebytes before each attempt
\*Run Setup.exe as administrator
\*run SFC /scannow and CHKDSK /f both returned no errors
\*Regedit to delete entries to fix Win Update Service, then installed new updates that resulted after that, except MSE
\*CleanBoot prior to install
\*Tried both with and without checking for updates selected during install.
All attempts result exactly the same way. Thanks in advance for help!
I tried to paste the setuperr.log but it's too many characters
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-12-19T23:41:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-12-19T22:56:44+00:00 Success!!!
Thank you for all the help and patience!
-
Anonymous
2024-12-19T15:40:18+00:00 Same result
The store export operation has failed. The requested system device cannot be found.
-
Ivan B 124.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-12-19T05:31:40+00:00 Hi ,
In this case you will replace bcdedit /export e:\bcdbackup and run the command again.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks