Hi ,
In this case, I would recommend doing a clean installation, as upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 may present errors, but I can provide a procedure to upgrade from 7 to 10, but offline.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am attempting to do an in-place upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I used the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. It goes through the process, then around 79% it jumps to "your PC will restart in a few moments" then without restarting it returns to my Win 7 desktop and has a gray box that says "Windows 10 installation has failed"
Things I have done to try and resolve, primarily from suggestions found in MS Forums and Tenforums for other people that had the same problem:
\*Uninstalled MSE and SuperAntiSpyware
\*Disable Malwarebytes before each attempt
\*Run Setup.exe as administrator
\*run SFC /scannow and CHKDSK /f both returned no errors
\*Regedit to delete entries to fix Win Update Service, then installed new updates that resulted after that, except MSE
\*CleanBoot prior to install
\*Tried both with and without checking for updates selected during install.
All attempts result exactly the same way. Thanks in advance for help!
I tried to paste the setuperr.log but it's too many characters
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi ,
In this case, I would recommend doing a clean installation, as upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 may present errors, but I can provide a procedure to upgrade from 7 to 10, but offline.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
Thank you, Ivan. As I just mentioned above, One Drive does not want to cooperate with me.
Here is the link to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wxu2V74YwXLGg4QxGAgeKWhGzRgWjEiK/view?usp=sharing
and also setuperr.log setuperr.log
* * * * *
2024-12-17 11:44:38, Info SP CUpdateBootCode::DoExecute: Try to repair BCD file due to potential corruption error
2024-12-17 11:44:38, Error SP CUpdateBootCode::DoExecute: An error occurred while repair system partition. Root path [C:\Windows]. Error: 0x80070032[gle=0x00000032]
2024-12-17 11:44:38, Error SP Operation failed: Update Boot Code. Error: 0x80004005[gle=0x000000b7]
2024-12-17 11:44:38, Info MOUPG Finalize: Registering Setup Platform error: [0x80004005]
2024-12-17 11:44:38, Error SP ExecuteOperations: Failed execution phase Finalize. Error: 0x80004005
* * * * *
Please open Disk Management and maximize it. Post a screenshot.
C is 500GB SSD
D is 1TB HDD
Hi ,
In case you want to update to Windows 10 before all this, do you have a HD or SSD in your laptop?
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
Primary drive has 297 GB Free space. Not aware of drive space errors.
Motherboard is Asus G750JW Socket 0
Chipset: Intel Haswell
Chipset Revision 06
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model HM87
Southbridge Revision C2
BIOS: American Megatrends G750JW.210