Windows 10 21h2

Anonymous
2024-12-16T11:11:42+00:00

I have a qualifying pc which is currently showing as being version win 10 pro 21H2.

Foe the last 18 months it has repeatedly aske me to to run the update to Win 22H2. This consistently fails. However, I have been receiving security and other updates for win 10 22H2 since 16-02-2023.

Every time I try to upgrade it fails.

I have tried everything possible I can find to solve it, clearing caches, removing update history, trouble shooting etc and I am at my wits end.

If I can't get it to win 10 22H2 it wont upgrade to Win 11 which I need and I do NOT want to have to clean install Win 11 if I can help it.

Any clues please are most welcome. I have exhausted everything I can find our there and nothing works. The only thing I haven't tried as a win 10 restore .

Help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-24T10:27:44+00:00

Run these commands:

  • xcopy /h Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD C:\
  • format Y: /fs:FAT32 /q
  • bcdboot  C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI

Post the output.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T11:37:04+00:00

    See below some typo's so some chaff to move through.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T11:38:16+00:00

    sorry, entered pics above your last scripts

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T11:42:19+00:00

    I am getting confused. Last pics are correct and last line shows what is on my screen right now,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-24T11:43:09+00:00

    You typed the last command incorrectly.

    The correct command would be:

    • bcdboot  C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments