Run these commands:
- xcopy /h Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD C:\
- format Y: /fs:FAT32 /q
- bcdboot C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI
Post the output.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a qualifying pc which is currently showing as being version win 10 pro 21H2.
Foe the last 18 months it has repeatedly aske me to to run the update to Win 22H2. This consistently fails. However, I have been receiving security and other updates for win 10 22H2 since 16-02-2023.
Every time I try to upgrade it fails.
I have tried everything possible I can find to solve it, clearing caches, removing update history, trouble shooting etc and I am at my wits end.
If I can't get it to win 10 22H2 it wont upgrade to Win 11 which I need and I do NOT want to have to clean install Win 11 if I can help it.
Any clues please are most welcome. I have exhausted everything I can find our there and nothing works. The only thing I haven't tried as a win 10 restore .
Help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Run these commands:
Post the output.
I have done exactly as I did in the first link which was obviously accessible.
PS I am trying to install win 10 pro ver 22H2 so that I can then upgrade to Win 11 Pro which requires ver 22H2.
You can upgrade from Windows 10 21H2 to Windows 11 directly.
See the Windows 11 System Requirements page, which states: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-system-requirements-86c11283-ea52-4782-9efd-7674389a7ba3
Your device must be running Windows 10, version 2004 or later
PS I am trying to install win 10 pro ver 22H2 so that I can then upgrade to Win 11 Pro which requires ver 22H2.