Windows 10 21h2

Anonymous
2024-12-16T11:11:42+00:00

I have a qualifying pc which is currently showing as being version win 10 pro 21H2.

Foe the last 18 months it has repeatedly aske me to to run the update to Win 22H2. This consistently fails. However, I have been receiving security and other updates for win 10 22H2 since 16-02-2023.

Every time I try to upgrade it fails.

I have tried everything possible I can find to solve it, clearing caches, removing update history, trouble shooting etc and I am at my wits end.

If I can't get it to win 10 22H2 it wont upgrade to Win 11 which I need and I do NOT want to have to clean install Win 11 if I can help it.

Any clues please are most welcome. I have exhausted everything I can find our there and nothing works. The only thing I haven't tried as a win 10 restore .

Help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-24T10:27:44+00:00

Run these commands:

  • xcopy /h Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD C:\
  • format Y: /fs:FAT32 /q
  • bcdboot  C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI

Post the output.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-12-16T11:44:21+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Have you tried to perform an in-place upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO to get 22H2 to install?

    Please follow the steps, this is then not like re-installing Windows, it is just like an update and your personal files, settings and installed software will not be affected.

    Click this link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

    to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), then choose ISO, not USB

    When the ISO file completes downloading

    Disconnect from the Internet

    Disconnect all external devices with the exception of a mouse or keyboard.

    Temporarily disable any 3rd party Anti-virus you may have installed

    Then, in Windows File Explorer, double click the ISO and then run Setup.exe and select the Install option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments