Windows 10 21h2

Anonymous
2024-12-16T11:11:42+00:00

I have a qualifying pc which is currently showing as being version win 10 pro 21H2.

Foe the last 18 months it has repeatedly aske me to to run the update to Win 22H2. This consistently fails. However, I have been receiving security and other updates for win 10 22H2 since 16-02-2023.

Every time I try to upgrade it fails.

I have tried everything possible I can find to solve it, clearing caches, removing update history, trouble shooting etc and I am at my wits end.

If I can't get it to win 10 22H2 it wont upgrade to Win 11 which I need and I do NOT want to have to clean install Win 11 if I can help it.

Any clues please are most welcome. I have exhausted everything I can find our there and nothing works. The only thing I haven't tried as a win 10 restore .

Help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-24T10:27:44+00:00

Run these commands:

  • xcopy /h Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD C:\
  • format Y: /fs:FAT32 /q
  • bcdboot  C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI

Post the output.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-22T14:16:30+00:00

    Failed again but much earlier. I did remove Trusteer from all browsers installed (Edge, Chrome and Firefox) then un installed the whole trusteer package.

    It failed much quicker this time and on both attempts when it asks for a decision regarding "updates", I have said no because internet is not enabled. No connections to machine as network storage is on LAN and I had disabled the adapter.

    So not sure. New log file link below.

    setupact.log

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-22T13:05:59+00:00

    setupact.log

    here is the file, I am not sure if it will work or not. if not I can email it 67 mb.

    Sorry for the delay I re ran it to make sure I had not missed anything but it still failed quite late on ie after 86%. No to sure exactly when after that I was busy elsewhere as I was busy, but it had stopped when I got back.

    Please uninstall IBM Trusteer Rapport application completely, and remove its Chrome extension. You can install them later.

    Re-run the Windows 11 setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-22T12:40:05+00:00

    setupact.log

    here is the file, I am not sure if it will work or not. if not I can email it 67 mb.

    Sorry for the delay I re ran it to make sure I had not missed anything but it still failed quite late on ie after 86%. No to sure exactly when after that I was busy elsewhere as I was busy, but it had stopped when I got back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-21T02:32:27+00:00

    I have followed this to the letter and the install failed. Screen shot attached. Any other solutions to get this software to 22H2 so I can upgrade to win 11. It is becoming a head ache now and I really do not want ot have to do a clean install of win 11 because of the set up and re installation of all software which is going to be a problem with office and others.

    Thanks

    Image

    Please share the following setup log file on OneDrive (or any other host) and post the link here:

    C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log

    Note: "C:$WINDOWS.~BT" is a hidden folder. To access it, press Win + R, type "C:$WINDOWS.~BT" and click OK.


    (How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

    OneDrive sharing options - screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments