Windows 10 21h2

Anonymous
2024-12-16T11:11:42+00:00

I have a qualifying pc which is currently showing as being version win 10 pro 21H2.

Foe the last 18 months it has repeatedly aske me to to run the update to Win 22H2. This consistently fails. However, I have been receiving security and other updates for win 10 22H2 since 16-02-2023.

Every time I try to upgrade it fails.

I have tried everything possible I can find to solve it, clearing caches, removing update history, trouble shooting etc and I am at my wits end.

If I can't get it to win 10 22H2 it wont upgrade to Win 11 which I need and I do NOT want to have to clean install Win 11 if I can help it.

Any clues please are most welcome. I have exhausted everything I can find our there and nothing works. The only thing I haven't tried as a win 10 restore .

Help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-24T10:27:44+00:00

Run these commands:

  • xcopy /h Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD C:\
  • format Y: /fs:FAT32 /q
  • bcdboot  C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI

Post the output.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-24T15:12:10+00:00

    Ok.

    If the CPU is unsupported, the Windows 11 setup will not work unless you apply some bypass techniques via the registry.

    Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-on-devices-that-don-t-meet-minimum-system-requirements-0b2dc4a2-5933-4ad4-9c09-ef0a331518f1

    where Microsoft states:

    <begin quote>

    The following disclaimer applies when attempting to install Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements:

    This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows 11 - these requirements help ensure a more reliable and higher quality experience. Installing Windows 11 on this PC is not recommended and may result in compatibility issues. If you proceed with installing Windows 11, your PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates. Damages to your PC due to lack of compatibility aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty. By selecting Accept, you are acknowledging that you read and understand this statement.

    <end quote>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T15:00:23+00:00

    Yes I know, but have been told it is more than capable of dealing with win11 pro and No one knows why the processor is not supported when other lower spec ones are!

    Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-24T14:44:55+00:00

    Many thanks, all done and sorted to 22H2.

    Will have a break and then move to Win11.

    Thanks again and Marry Christmas.

    You're most welcome. :)

    Merry Christmas to you.

    Regarding the Windows 11 upgrade, run the PC Health Check app to determine your system's compatibility with Windows 11.

    I think i7-6700 CPU is unsupported. See:

    Windows processor requirements Windows 11, version 22H2 & 23H2 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Learn: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-22h2-supported-intel-processors

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T14:38:39+00:00

    Many thanks, all done and sorted to 22H2.

    Will have a break and then move to Win11.

    Thanks again and Marry Christmas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments