Run these commands:
- xcopy /h Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD C:\
- format Y: /fs:FAT32 /q
- bcdboot C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI
Post the output.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a qualifying pc which is currently showing as being version win 10 pro 21H2.
Foe the last 18 months it has repeatedly aske me to to run the update to Win 22H2. This consistently fails. However, I have been receiving security and other updates for win 10 22H2 since 16-02-2023.
Every time I try to upgrade it fails.
I have tried everything possible I can find to solve it, clearing caches, removing update history, trouble shooting etc and I am at my wits end.
If I can't get it to win 10 22H2 it wont upgrade to Win 11 which I need and I do NOT want to have to clean install Win 11 if I can help it.
Any clues please are most welcome. I have exhausted everything I can find our there and nothing works. The only thing I haven't tried as a win 10 restore .
Help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Run these commands:
Post the output.
I have followed this to the letter and the install failed. Screen shot attached. Any other solutions to get this software to 22H2 so I can upgrade to win 11. It is becoming a head ache now and I really do not want ot have to do a clean install of win 11 because of the set up and re installation of all software which is going to be a problem with office and others.
Thanks
Provided you create the ISO in the same language version that is set for the Windows Display Language, if you follow the steps, you will be given the option to keep your files and apps and this process will not affect your personal files, settings and installed software.
It is always a good idea to have a backup of your files in case any problems happen on your PC, one copy of your files is never enough.
Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Have you tried to perform an in-place upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO to get 22H2 to install?
Please follow the steps, this is then not like re-installing Windows, it is just like an update and your personal files, settings and installed software will not be affected.
Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), then choose ISO, not USB
When the ISO file completes downloading
Disconnect from the Internet
Disconnect all external devices with the exception of a mouse or keyboard.
Temporarily disable any 3rd party Anti-virus you may have installed
Then, in Windows File Explorer, double click the ISO and then run Setup.exe and select the Install option.
I wil try that, it was next on my list. Will this install and retain all apps and data or should I back the data up or run a full back up first? I don't really want to have the re install all apps or recover data files (most are on nas box or one drive).
Thank