I updated a desktop from windows 23H2 to 24H2 but windows update history shows as 23H2 and winver as well

Anonymous
2024-12-14T15:09:33+00:00

I updated my desktop PC from windows 23H2 to 24H2 but Windows update history shows as 23H2 and Winver as well. Additionally, 24H2 was not shows on win update page.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-12-21T01:38:59+00:00

Hi Krasimir,

It's the same error again. Maybe you can consider resetting Windows with the Keep my Files option.

To reset Windows 11 keeping files, open Settings > Recovery, click “Reset PC,” select “Keep my files,” and “Cloud downoad.”

Reference:

https://pureinfotech.com/reset-pc-keeping-perso...

Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T17:16:53+00:00

    i Ramesh,

    no success started to download and on installation at 35% got install error 0x800070490 .

    Image

    Another strange thing is my BIOS Boot options I had removed all of my HDD and have only one, but is looks like BIOS recognised as a 3 boot options available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-12-17T16:30:04+00:00

    Hi Krasimir,

    The fixlist removed some old drivers. But some outdated driver packages exist. I think we can address that later.

    Please attempt the 24H2 setup again. Post fresh logs if the setup still fails to complete.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T16:25:26+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    I didn't make an image backup, because my system disk and app 900 gb. However, I ran FixList and followed your instructions.

    Please see the requested

    Fixlog.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-16T18:42:29+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    Please see the requested  FRST.txt and Addition.txt

    Downloads.rar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments