Windows 11 version 24H2 ''Install Error 0xc1900201''

Anonymous
2024-12-05T18:07:58+00:00

I'm trying to download 24H2 update and my system meet the requirements for it. Nonetheless it doesn't work at all. Whenever it reaches eight percent, I get the error I mentioned in the title.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-02-06T09:28:57+00:00

The move is complete. I am trying to update again. What should I do with the ASUSG713PV.BIN file that we moved to drive C?

You may move it back to the EFI partition after deleting the .ttf files again after the 24H2 upgrade.

Note: If you wish to resize the EFI partition (which will be a permanent fix for this issue), you can use AOMEI or a similar third-party tool.

See:

How to Resize the EFI System Partition:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/resize-efi-system-partition/

Also, check out this thread, especially the last reply (posted by Ferenc. A) in that thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_update/windows-11-version-24h2-not-updating/68c3a307-a329-49cf-a676-7cbcca3d5802?messageId=34a370ba-6974-4e17-8fb4-29d5a84fe25a

Note: It's suggested that the data be backed up to an external drive before modifying the partitions.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-09T16:05:01+00:00

    I reply to myself because after some research and try, I found this article on how to correctly dimension EFI partition and clean up file not needed:

    https://garytown.com/low-space-on-efi-system-partition-clean-up

    Be careful what you do, don't delete files you are not sure you can remove.

    After freeing some space as suggested by Ramesh Srinivasan this way:

    mountvol Y: /s

    cd /d Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts

    del *.ttf

    I navigated to Y:\EFI\HP\DEVFW [my laptop is an HP EliteBook] and also deleted all *.bin files in here [as suggested in

    https://garytown.com/low-space-on-efi-system-partition-clean-up which gives some powershell scripts to check for free space in EFI partition]

    Again, I did it at my own risk, be careful!

    After this delete, I had some space available in EFI partition (45 MB ina 100MB partition), partition it is quite small, I think I'll have some problems with future updates, but now I solved!

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-05T14:41:35+00:00

    Hi Ramesh, Can you help me too?
    I have the same error code. I tried the mountvol Y: /s

    cd /d Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts
    
    del *.ttf
    
    dir Y:\ /s /a >c:\dir.txt
    
    dir Y:\
    

    The file is this: dir.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-05T14:51:03+00:00

    Hi Ramesh, Can you help me too?
    I have the same error code. I tried the mountvol Y: /s

    cd /d Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts
    
    
    
    del *.ttf
    
    
    
    dir Y:\ /s /a >c:\dir.txt
    
    
    
    dir Y:\
    

    The file is this: dir.txt

    See if moving isflash.bin to the C drive helps.

    Run the following from admin Command Prompt (instead of PowerShell):

    • mountvol Y: /s
    • md C:\Insyde
    • move Y:\EFI\Insyde\isflash.bin C:\Insyde\
    • dir Y:\

    Post the output.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-05T15:05:18+00:00

    updata nhi ho rha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments