Windows 11 version 24H2 ''Install Error 0xc1900201''

Anonymous
2024-12-05T18:07:58+00:00

I'm trying to download 24H2 update and my system meet the requirements for it. Nonetheless it doesn't work at all. Whenever it reaches eight percent, I get the error I mentioned in the title.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-02-06T09:28:57+00:00

The move is complete. I am trying to update again. What should I do with the ASUSG713PV.BIN file that we moved to drive C?

You may move it back to the EFI partition after deleting the .ttf files again after the 24H2 upgrade.

Note: If you wish to resize the EFI partition (which will be a permanent fix for this issue), you can use AOMEI or a similar third-party tool.

See:

How to Resize the EFI System Partition:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/resize-efi-system-partition/

Also, check out this thread, especially the last reply (posted by Ferenc. A) in that thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_update/windows-11-version-24h2-not-updating/68c3a307-a329-49cf-a676-7cbcca3d5802?messageId=34a370ba-6974-4e17-8fb4-29d5a84fe25a

Note: It's suggested that the data be backed up to an external drive before modifying the partitions.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T18:45:00+00:00

    I think, I managed the post as a OneDrive link.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-05T18:47:20+00:00

    I think, I managed the post as a OneDrive link.

    Looks good. Please rerun the 24H2 setup and let's know how it went.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T20:38:30+00:00

    I installed the update. When the PC was restarted, two different boot options were displayed. One didn't open, while the other remained at 23h2. I deleted the boot option that didn't open via msconfig. Now I'm trying the update again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-09T10:53:05+00:00

    I followed Ramesh suggestion, also detailed in

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows-10-46865f3f-37bb-4c51-c69f-07271b6672ac

    no result.

    I also downloaded the WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup.msi and the check is ok.

    I then downloaded the Windows11InstallationAssistant from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 but again no way to install.

    The latest error is the same "Install Error 0xc1900201"

    I don't know how to free up more space in system partition...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments