Windows 11 version 24H2 ''Install Error 0xc1900201''

Anonymous
2024-12-05T18:07:58+00:00

I'm trying to download 24H2 update and my system meet the requirements for it. Nonetheless it doesn't work at all. Whenever it reaches eight percent, I get the error I mentioned in the title.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-02-06T09:28:57+00:00

The move is complete. I am trying to update again. What should I do with the ASUSG713PV.BIN file that we moved to drive C?

You may move it back to the EFI partition after deleting the .ttf files again after the 24H2 upgrade.

Note: If you wish to resize the EFI partition (which will be a permanent fix for this issue), you can use AOMEI or a similar third-party tool.

See:

How to Resize the EFI System Partition:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/resize-efi-system-partition/

Also, check out this thread, especially the last reply (posted by Ferenc. A) in that thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_update/windows-11-version-24h2-not-updating/68c3a307-a329-49cf-a676-7cbcca3d5802?messageId=34a370ba-6974-4e17-8fb4-29d5a84fe25a

Note: It's suggested that the data be backed up to an external drive before modifying the partitions.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-29T04:04:06+00:00

    @RebeckaS

    Please share dir.txt as requested earlier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T19:19:40+00:00

    Ramesh I too have this problem

    "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.4602]

    (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\Windows\System32>mountvol Y: /s

    The directory is not empty.

    C:\Windows\System32>cd /d Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts

    Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts>del *.ttf

    Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts>dir Y:\ /s /a >c:\dir.txt

    Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts>dir Y:\

    Volume in drive Y is SYSTEM

    Volume Serial Number is A698-9455

    Directory of Y:\

    27/01/2025 11:47 EFI

               0 File(s)              0 bytes
    
               1 Dir(s)      12,615,680 bytes free
    

    Y:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Fonts>

    "

    I have tried many things and spent 5 hours doing research today.

    Would you please be able to help me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-22T10:46:55+00:00

    this resolved my issue. Thanks

    You're welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T10:41:11+00:00

    this resolved my issue. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments