Same issue here with a different microphone manufacturer
After Windows 11 24h2 Microphone keeps unmuting whenever application tries accesses mic.
Using an Razer Siren X mic., with dedicated mute button with is a physical switch (but apparently not, at least learned that with newest Windows 11 24h2), even thou I set mic to be muted all the time, if I open Discord/join call/start a video game (with voice chat disabled), anything that asks for accesses to mic., windows switch from muted (red) state to unmuted (green). It's really concerning privacy vise, if any application can unmute mic. on there own (keeping in mind, the button should cut sounds only from mic., side and not on windows), seen some similar problems with some Logitech headsets too.
Windows/applications should never have ability unmute microphone on there own ! I can understand when it's mute/unmute happens inside windows audio control (like Win+alt+K), but take control over physical device shouldn't be allowed in any case
There's some other strange audio related things too, like Steam not having ability to record/stream sound from specific application with the latest win11 24h2 update, looks like what ever 24h2 did with audio back-end is messed up in more then one way.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-12-11T09:14:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-12-11T15:33:47+00:00 Same microphone same issue, I contacted Microsoft support and tried everything but still unmuting. For the moment I am using another microphone and I hope they will fix all
-
Anonymous
2024-12-13T16:06:10+00:00 I have the same/similar issue , my HyperX Quadcast S unmutes several times every day, for example if i open or switch windos to a netbrowser, notpad++ or almost any program. This is very visible for me, since the microphone lights up when it happens.
Driver is
Microsoft 15/11/2024 version 10.0.26100.2454
WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\
Driver files:
dmk.sys
ksthunk.sys
portcls.sys
USBAUDIO.sys
SysFxUI.dll
WMALFXGFXDSP.dll
Fil version 10.0.26100.2161 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Signed and supplied by Microsoft windows.
Currently this seems to be the latest driver.
The issue started right after updating to 2024H2.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-13T16:12:37+00:00 I've got the same thing happening with a Blue Yeti microphone. Physical mute switch works (flashes to indicate it's muted) for a few seconds but then goes back to solid red (live mic).
Anything you want to tell us Microsoft?
-
Anonymous
2024-12-15T09:58:05+00:00 Hello,
same probleme since 24H2 update. Elgato Wave 3 keeps unmuting using for example Discord. Before 24H2 it never unmuted itself.