Hi Christopher,
Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.
The installation starts, and after a couple restarts, it says:
" Attempting to recover installation "
" Undoing changes made to your computer "
And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Christopher,
Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.
Catalin Chirieac
Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 22621.4317
0xc1900101: Windows 11, version 24H2
[KB146] Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software
Check for defender on and update.
If not, then temporarily uninstall Malwarebytes too.
Secure Boot DB and DBX variable update events - Microsoft Support
Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 11 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts | Windows 11 Forum
The computer had a BSOD.
In other words I am still rolling back after 3x attempts today
Slightly odd I am on win1123H2 22631.4890. Bios is "F" latest and UEFI only. Removed Norton and then tried clean boot - strangely Acronis True Image could be a problem because no matter what I did (including uninstalling the product entirely and trying an iso upgrade without it) it was impossible to stop the Acronis Cyber Protection Service running in msconfig which might mean there is an earlier version of the product still going from before the current version. Do you think I should consult Acronis?
The only other oddity is I am using an NVME drive rather than a traditional SSE drive but bearing in mind it reboots several times before the above fail I doubt that is causing the problem (I had in mind updating an older SSE drive and then copying the drive image across but that is very painful). I am minded to think Acronis is the problem having deleted all my more bizarre drivers (leaving Creative Z soundcard and a Canon printer which are unlikely suspects ) but I can't tell if it is indeed the Acronis or something else.
Any other ideas?
Hi Mike Rigg,
Please open a new thread and in the new thread please post result share links for these steps:
(post a link for the new thread)
BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
BSOD - Posting Instructions | Windows 11 Forum (elevenforum.com)
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/136792-change-display-language-windows-10-a.html#option1
Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Windows 10 Help Forums
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Windows 10 Help Forums
https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=870142
https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...-files-use-bsod-debugging-tuneup_plus_log.bat
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
Batch files for use in BSOD debugging - Windows 10 Forums
For share links please use drop box or google drive.
Make sure that links are available without sign in.
https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424384?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop