ERRROR 0xc1900101 WHILE INSTALLING WIN 11 24H2

Anonymous
2024-12-29T07:34:47+00:00

I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.

The installation starts, and after a couple  restarts, it says:

" Attempting to recover installation "

" Undoing changes made to your computer "

And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-31T04:56:50+00:00

Hi Christopher,

Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-31T04:53:06+00:00

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your assistance, you were really helpful.

At a point my pc touch screen stopped responding during the many installation attempts, so didn't know what I had done to cause this. then I decided to clean install, so i chose not to keep my files and settings and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-29T20:23:00+00:00

    Dear Ramesh,

    After doing the clean boot, the Win11 setup disappeared on windows update.

    I am now trying to install from the Windows website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-30T02:31:17+00:00

    Hi Christopher.

    It disappears after some failed installation attempts and will reappear after a few days.

    Anyway, ISO is the preferred method.

    1. Download Windows 11 Media Creation Tool (MCT) from this link:

    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2156295

    1. Run MCT and download the ISO it recommends for your system. Do *not* uncheck "Use the recommended options for this PC".
    2. Right-click on the downloaded ISO and choose "Mount." This assigns the ISO a drive letter.
    3. Run setup.exe from the ISO drive. This starts the in-place upgrade/repair installation.

    (Your files, settings and applications will be preserved if you use the ISO recommended for your system by the Media Creation Tool.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-30T07:20:19+00:00

    Dear Ramesh,

    It failed again. see links Panther FRST.txt Addition.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments