ERRROR 0xc1900101 WHILE INSTALLING WIN 11 24H2

Anonymous
2024-12-29T07:34:47+00:00

I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.

The installation starts, and after a couple  restarts, it says:

" Attempting to recover installation "

" Undoing changes made to your computer "

And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-31T04:56:50+00:00

Hi Christopher,

Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-31T04:53:06+00:00

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your assistance, you were really helpful.

At a point my pc touch screen stopped responding during the many installation attempts, so didn't know what I had done to cause this. then I decided to clean install, so i chose not to keep my files and settings and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-19T23:42:36+00:00

    what was the fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T01:43:06+00:00

    Looks to me like someone considered doing a clean install and NOT keep their files and settings to the said "fix", since it was successful for them.

    For me, that's not a fix but a painful workaround.

    At this point my laptop (only occasionally used) is still on 23H and has stopped even reporting that there is an update yet to be done (initiating windows update reports that I'm up to date). I figure that MS may be working on a real fix and has pulled the update for some devices? After spending days trying to get this to work, even with some BSCOD events that I wondered if I were going to get past, I'm more than happy to let it rest for a bit. I did check earlier today and when I booted up the laptop it checked and reported up to date. Then I manually initiated a check again later in the day and it still reported up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T03:16:29+00:00

    I manually removed all of the drivers that were preventing memory integrity from turning on.

    This allowed memory integrity to turn on.

    Then my W11 upgrade went off without a hitch.

    It turns out that none of the removed drivers made any difference to the proper functioning of my system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments