ERRROR 0xc1900101 WHILE INSTALLING WIN 11 24H2

Anonymous
2024-12-29T07:34:47+00:00

I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.

The installation starts, and after a couple  restarts, it says:

" Attempting to recover installation "

" Undoing changes made to your computer "

And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-31T04:56:50+00:00

Hi Christopher,

Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-31T04:53:06+00:00

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your assistance, you were really helpful.

At a point my pc touch screen stopped responding during the many installation attempts, so didn't know what I had done to cause this. then I decided to clean install, so i chose not to keep my files and settings and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T13:40:20+00:00

    Catalin Chirieac

    Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 22621.4317

    0xc1900101: Windows 11, version 24H2

    1. Temporarily Uninstall Bitdefender antivirus / firewall.

    [KB146] Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software

    Check for defender on and update.

    If not, then temporarily uninstall Malwarebytes too.

    1. Upgrade the BIOS: FD > FGd
    2. If possible, turn on secure boot.

    Secure Boot DB and DBX variable update events - Microsoft Support

    1. Place the computer in clean boot.

    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 11 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts | Windows 11 Forum

    1. Attempt an upgrade.

    The computer had a BSOD.

    1. If the next upgrade attempt fails then open a new thread and the misbehaving driver(s) can be troubleshooted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T12:40:36+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T19:48:03+00:00

    Victory! Thanks for the quick and able assistance. Sadly, my logitech webcam is the victim of the purge.

    I'm having that same issue and I have a Logitech Webcam. Do I need to uninstall that before I allow the update to attempt to install? It's failed twice so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments