ERRROR 0xc1900101 WHILE INSTALLING WIN 11 24H2

Anonymous
2024-12-29T07:34:47+00:00

I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.

The installation starts, and after a couple  restarts, it says:

" Attempting to recover installation "

" Undoing changes made to your computer "

And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-31T04:56:50+00:00

Hi Christopher,

Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-31T04:53:06+00:00

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your assistance, you were really helpful.

At a point my pc touch screen stopped responding during the many installation attempts, so didn't know what I had done to cause this. then I decided to clean install, so i chose not to keep my files and settings and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-19T23:42:36+00:00

    what was the fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T22:41:32+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T16:20:22+00:00

    In other words I am still rolling back after 3x attempts today

    Slightly odd I am on win1123H2 22631.4890. Bios is "F" latest and UEFI only. Removed Norton and then tried clean boot - strangely Acronis True Image could be a problem because no matter what I did (including uninstalling the product entirely and trying an iso upgrade without it) it was impossible to stop the Acronis Cyber Protection Service running in msconfig which might mean there is an earlier version of the product still going from before the current version. Do you think I should consult Acronis?

    The only other oddity is I am using an NVME drive rather than a traditional SSE drive but bearing in mind it reboots several times before the above fail I doubt that is causing the problem (I had in mind updating an older SSE drive and then copying the drive image across but that is very painful). I am minded to think Acronis is the problem having deleted all my more bizarre drivers (leaving Creative Z soundcard and a Canon printer which are unlikely suspects ) but I can't tell if it is indeed the Acronis or something else.

    Any other ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments