ERRROR 0xc1900101 WHILE INSTALLING WIN 11 24H2

Anonymous
2024-12-29T07:34:47+00:00

I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.

The installation starts, and after a couple  restarts, it says:

" Attempting to recover installation "

" Undoing changes made to your computer "

And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-31T04:56:50+00:00

Hi Christopher,

Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-31T04:53:06+00:00

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your assistance, you were really helpful.

At a point my pc touch screen stopped responding during the many installation attempts, so didn't know what I had done to cause this. then I decided to clean install, so i chose not to keep my files and settings and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T12:32:35+00:00

    I agree, I just had to reinstall everything, including a damaged SSD internal drive due to excess of shutdowns. Now I installed from a 24H2 "create media tool" a a new update is giving me again the same issue. Tired of Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T09:25:12+00:00

    Having been a windows for c. 30 yrs, I now feel Microsoft has lost the plot - I don't want to ditch printers, sounds cards, backup software simply because MS doesn't want old drivers - and if this happens again I will buy an Apple Mac (which it probably will when 25H2 arrives).

    Long story short, because my up to date Acronis software rendered my C drive unbootable (thanks), I used a standard Win PE recovery key (sadly I had not updated it to Win 11 so it installed a bare bones/clean Win 10). Thereafter it upgraded automatically to 22H2 but stopped there (bear in mind I was on 23H2 before).

    I then installed 24H2 from an iso download - but having then installed Acronis backup/recovery software (up to date) and with considerable difficulty Creative X-Fi SBX drivers and Canon printer drivers for a 10 year old printer I now find Win 24H2 advising memory integrity issues because of five incompatible drivers (4 of which are Logitech - presumably mouse - drivers and one Acronis driver tinmntr -- annoying because I have no Logitech stuff whatsoever and given #5 driver problem is specifically Acronis I assume the four problem Logitech drivers are also from the latest Acronis True Image installation for their version of the Win PE recovery package).

    Where next, I don't know. But I am not convinced that these driver issues are unlikely to compromise Windows to the extent Microsoft fear but in the meantime I am running Win24H2 with memory integrity and local security authority protection off.

    Any comments?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T07:26:58+00:00

    Managed to fix the problem, just had to reset BIOS to ENABLE TMP (PTT), thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments