ERRROR 0xc1900101 WHILE INSTALLING WIN 11 24H2

Anonymous
2024-12-29T07:34:47+00:00

I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.

The installation starts, and after a couple  restarts, it says:

" Attempting to recover installation "

" Undoing changes made to your computer "

And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-31T04:56:50+00:00

Hi Christopher,

Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-31T04:53:06+00:00

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your assistance, you were really helpful.

At a point my pc touch screen stopped responding during the many installation attempts, so didn't know what I had done to cause this. then I decided to clean install, so i chose not to keep my files and settings and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T14:54:20+00:00

    It seems complicated to have to do so much for a new upgrade. In the end I ended up using this video to help me achieve the upgrade: https://youtu.be/J5mDUU9GCNo?si=uXFIHUBLl0sn-pnH

    by the CyberCPU tech host. Even though my computer was supported for the upgrade, it continued to fail. Treating it like CyberCPU tech's idea that it's not supported it went through fine. Hope this helps someone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T09:57:15+00:00

    I have the same issue, same error.

    Seems to me FALSE positive error, because:

    Cloning my system to another disk and accepting (no keeping my programs/ apps), I could install the latest 24H2 version and successfully updated to latest version.

    I just wanted to see if there were any REASON why the original system keeps failing, so I gave up trying.

    I am not going, though, to reinstall all deleted (100s) apps, so I'm using on the old system without any problem with the latest 23H2 (22635.4945) update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T07:46:44+00:00

    What drivers did you remove?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments