Microsoft makes Windows 10 extended security updates free, but there’s a catch
Windows 10 users can get extended security updates using Microsoft points
Microsoft gives up, extends Windows 10’s support for free if you meet the requirements
Okay, from that third link, it says this.
"Consumers will have three options to get ESU on their personal Windows 10 PCs, and the free option involves enabling Windows Backup to sync your settings and folders to the cloud. Windows Backup uses OneDrive, so while it’s possible to stay below the 5GB of free storage, if you have a lot of files stored locally in the Documents folder then you’d need to purchase additional space for Windows Backup to work fully. That’s the catch for free extended updates on Windows 10."
It mentions the documents folder and it has to be below 5GB. What about picture files folder and video files folders? I'm asking because I have several music videos that adds up to the 5GB. I'm not sure, but I believe my pictures files add up to about 3GB. I have several pdf files in my documents folder, but I don't believe they add up to 5GB.
So, does this mean just my documents folders or does it include the pictures folder and the video folder? If it does, then it would be better for me to just pay 30 dollars for the extended security updates because I would have to pay extra for more cloud space.