I have noticed the same problem today on Windows 11 24H2. Firstly I tried to reinstall from Microsoft Store (where I previously downloaded VS Code) but for some reason it said 'installed', so I reinstalled VS Code with the installer from the official page and now all works fine. All extensions and opened files have been automatically recovered.
VS Code uninstalled after 24H2 update.
Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.
These are my specs:
Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language
Versión 24H2
Se instaló el 12/12/2024
Compilación del SO 26100.2605
Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0
Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz
RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)
Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF
Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64
Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-12-19T18:33:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-12-19T17:08:58+00:00 I have the same issue. Even uninstalling and re-installing hasn't helped. I still don't have VSCode
-
Anonymous
2024-12-19T12:35:06+00:00 "we haven't heard a similar report" seriously? I suppose that quite a few people are tired and don't manifest anymore...
That last update of Windows has been a killer: I lost Visual Studio Code as well, quite a few tools and all of a sudden, after 2 months and a half, Microsoft has decided that my Win11 valid licence wasn't... valid any more.
No need to respond, the damage is done, and I've lost CHF 278 to re-activate the free update.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-16T09:01:28+00:00 I faced a similar issue; my VS code was yanked out of my system as well after the update. For some unknown reason. Now I am not sure if this is the only software that vanished or there is some more.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-13T09:38:24+00:00 Hello RubénDíaz,
Welcome to the Microsoft Community.
Sorry to hear about your issue. This problem is not very common, and we haven't heard a similar report before that 24H2 update could lead to the uninstallation of a certain application. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced thus far.
We recommend you keep using your device for more time, to see if your problem would recur. If it happens again, we recommend you send feedback about this problem to Microsoft. To do this, just press the Windows logo key + F to open the Feedback Hub app. The Feedback Hub app lets you tell Microsoft about any problems you run into while using Windows. You can also send suggestions to help Microsoft improve your Windows experience.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
William.Y | Microsoft Community Support Specialist