I installed the Windows 11, version 24H2 Update. I could actually just reinstall VS Code and all my settings were still there, so no major problem, just "wierd".
VS Code uninstalled after 24H2 update.
Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.
These are my specs:
Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language
Versión 24H2
Se instaló el 12/12/2024
Compilación del SO 26100.2605
Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0
Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz
RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)
Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF
Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64
Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-01-14T07:08:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-13T16:02:42+00:00 Which OS build did you install when this happened? Have you been able to reinstall the application?
-
Anonymous
2025-01-06T10:36:33+00:00 I have the same issue...
-
Anonymous
2024-12-20T15:57:12+00:00 I faced a similar issue; my VS code was yanked out of my system as well after the update. For some unknown reason. Now I am not sure if this is the only software that vanished or there is some more.
Though it worked out for me when I installed VScode from their website with the installer.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-20T10:17:41+00:00 Hi,
i have the same issue, that the other day it just disappered.