VS Code uninstalled after 24H2 update.

Anonymous
2024-12-12T22:28:24+00:00

Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.

These are my specs:

Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language

Versión 24H2

Se instaló el ‎12/‎12/‎2024

Compilación del SO 26100.2605

Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0

Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz

RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)

Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF

Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64

Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T15:34:35+00:00

    Well awesome. This just happened to me AGAIN with the newest update (14/02/2025). Further more all 3 Minecraft installations has been broken here on 3 different laptops. Its getting to be a hassle to use windows and supporting home devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T15:34:18+00:00

    Well awesome. This just happened to me AGAIN with the newest update (14/02/2025). Further more all 3 Minecraft installations has been broken here on 3 different laptops. Its getting to be a hassle to use windows and supporting home devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T21:02:41+00:00

    Same issue today with this update even though I hadn't restarted the computer. This is a work computer, which means I have to wait for IT to come around and re-install it. I find this completely unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T19:27:39+00:00

    So far, I've read 10 people saying that the problem has risen for them. I make 11.
    I'm incredibly surprised by this problem and how Microsoft reacted to it.

    I will guarantee that there are many, many, many more people who have lost their applications. I need VS code to create all the programming I am doing, and this just smacked me in the face with postponing my classes. I hope this gets solved soon.

    Sincerely, Brennan Allen. God bless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T13:29:25+00:00

    anche a me è capitata la stessa cosa inoltra ad ogni aggiornamento mi scompare tap-windows e spesso non funziona più la stampante!

    State peggiorando, quando comincerete a usare l'intelligenza artificiale?

    Giovanni Poidomani

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments