24H2 Update failed for no reason and after reverting update and going into Windows, VS Code was gone, had to redownload it but luckily everything was there. What a disaster this update is.
VS Code uninstalled after 24H2 update.
Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.
These are my specs:
Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language
Versión 24H2
Se instaló el 12/12/2024
Compilación del SO 26100.2605
Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0
Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz
RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)
Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF
Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64
Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2025-04-09T10:38:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-04-09T03:58:16+00:00 Happened to me on this Windows update: 2025-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5055523)
I searched my apps and it was gone.
Reinstalled VS Code. It started up in the right project with all the extensions intact. Very odd. -
Anonymous
2025-03-24T16:50:29+00:00 Same issue here, just incredible! Gotta love microsoft! Whish they dissappeared instead.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-18T16:47:13+00:00 I did an update as well and noticed that.