VS Code uninstalled after 24H2 update.

Anonymous
2024-12-12T22:28:24+00:00

Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.

These are my specs:

Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language

Versión 24H2

Se instaló el ‎12/‎12/‎2024

Compilación del SO 26100.2605

Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0

Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz

RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)

Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF

Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64

Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-28T11:17:19+00:00

    The same I m facing since today morning, after updating and a restart, the visual studio code is not available at my pc. I didnt take any code backup or anything else. How to recover it ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T00:55:14+00:00

    Rebooting will make this happen again !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-14T16:17:04+00:00

    I too faced a similar issue. the following are my system specifications:

    Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz

    RAM: 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable)

    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

    Edition: Windows 11 Home Single Language

    Version: 24H2

    VS Code was uninstalled abruptly and involuntarily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T17:08:13+00:00

    My fix was to switch the installation from User Installer to System Installer. Waited about a week to response to this thread. It's been on my laptop ever since this fix. Although I'm not sure as to why this is happening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T07:24:50+00:00

    Same issue here on 24H2 on my personal PC and 23H2 on my work notebook.

    It's great that you get a Microsoft Agent to tell you no one else has this issue, but after everyone tells you they actually do have the same issue for months - nothing happens...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments