I did an update as well and noticed that.
VS Code uninstalled after 24H2 update.
Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.
These are my specs:
Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language
Versión 24H2
Se instaló el 12/12/2024
Compilación del SO 26100.2605
Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0
Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz
RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)
Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF
Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64
Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-03-18T16:47:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-03-15T03:30:08+00:00 VS Code did the same for me this morning. It turned out that the exe to launch the programme had nested itself one folder further hence all shortcuts were broken. It used to be at C:\Users"User"\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe but now it's at C:\Users"User"\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\_\Code.exe
Updating the taskbar shortcut can be done by right clicking the icon, right clicking "Visual Studio Code", selecting "Properties" and then editing the "Target".
It helped me an I found VScode in C:\Users"User"\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\_\Code.exe path.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-13T14:09:13+00:00 mismo problema
-
Anonymous
2025-03-12T07:49:47+00:00 This completely helped. Got the same issue just now after an update(Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5053598)) of win11. Navigated to the folder in your post and found it. Works like a charm. Thank you very much.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-11T07:38:12+00:00 I have the same issue. It's been a pretty long time.