VS Code uninstalled after 24H2 update.

Anonymous
2024-12-12T22:28:24+00:00

Hi! Today I update my work PC with the 24H2 update of windows. After the installation I realized that Visual Studio Code disappeared without any sign of life. A sudden uninstallation of the program. So, I had to download install it again, with all the extensions and configurations restored.

These are my specs:

Edición Windows 11 Home Single Language

Versión 24H2

Se instaló el ‎12/‎12/‎2024

Compilación del SO 26100.2605

Experiencia Paquete de experiencia de características de Windows 1000.26100.36.0

Procesador 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.00 GHz

RAM instalada 16.0 GB (15.7 GB utilizable)

Id. del dispositivo 92E8ACEA-868F-4F35-982B-B0F67EB275FF

Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64

Lápiz y entrada táctil Compatibilidad con entrada táctil con 10 puntos táctiles

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T16:47:59+00:00

    I had the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T11:58:25+00:00

    Just found this thread after the same thing happened to me. It is extremely frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T00:38:08+00:00

    I installed the Windows 11, version 24H2 Update. I could actually just reinstall VS Code and all my settings were still there, so no major problem, just "wierd".

    Which OS did you update from? What was the OS version before update to 24H2?

    You can see this timestamp from "C:\Windows\Panther\setupact.log"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T16:02:42+00:00

    Which OS build did you install when this happened? Have you been able to reinstall the application?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments