Critical System Issues Following Windows 11 24H2 Update: Boot Errors, System Freeze, and Bitlocker Access Denied

Anonymous
2025-01-15T14:00:56+00:00

Two days back I received the Windows 11 24H2 Update on my system "HP Omen 16". Following the installation, I observed two identical entries for 'Windows 11 on volume 3' within the boot menu. No selection was made, and the system successfully logged into Windows after a 30-second delay.

The following workday, I consulted with our IT department regarding this behavior. Upon restarting the system in their presence, the dual boot entries reappeared. Attempts to select between the entries were unsuccessful. Proceeding to 'Change defaults or choose other options' and selecting the 'Repair' option resulted in a system freeze, characterized by an automatic reboot loop.

Subsequent attempts at system recovery using built-in tools encountered the following error:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error Code: 0xc0000225"

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/d99e4b91-e430-4162-a12e-e9bb43699141?platform=QnA

Furthermore, accessing the Recovery Environment by pressing F1 also resulted in a system freeze and reboot loop.

Efforts to utilize a bootable USB drive for recovery were hindered by a request for the Bitlocker Encryption key. It is suspected that the Bitlocker keys may have been invalidated or altered during the Windows 11 24H2 update process, as previously saved keys are no longer functional.

Could anyone please advise/assist on how to proceed? Additionally, I’d like to confirm if there are any extra steps I should take to avoid BitLocker recovery issues while performing this.https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e8b5c6b5-ddd4-45e1-a55e-3e0f9b2c43f9?platform=QnA

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T17:17:06+00:00

    Thanks for the reply but it is too difficult to complete. I’m am a tech person

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T00:42:24+00:00

    This is a load of MANURE!

    THIS WAS CAUSED BECAUSE MICROSOFT AND INTEL HAD A DISAGREEMENT!

    MICROSOFT DECIDED TO NO LONGER SUPPORT A LARGE NUMBER OF "OLDER" I9'S, I7'S AND EARLIER INTEL PROCESSORS WITH AN "UPDATE" ,THAT OBLITERATED "BITLOCKER KEYS AND ALL SECURITY ID'S! THUS MAKING THESE PC'S UNUSABLE.

    ONLY "NEWER" 19'S WERE ABLE TO RECOVER WITH HELP FROM "THE COMMUNITY" IN THIS CASE "THE WINDOWS CLUB".

    DON'T BE SURPRISED AS THIS "PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE" WILLTAKE OUT MORE OF OUR EQUIPMENT BECAUSE OF THE GREED IN THE INDUSTRY!

    CELL PHONES ARE BEING TARGETTED ALONG WITH NON-AI COMPUTERS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T13:47:44+00:00

    You may be on to something but a different track. I do feel that the new "security features" and their requirements for Windows 11 a.k.a. (Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0) is an intentional hardware requirement to force consumers to BUY MORE/NEW computers because Moore's Law is no longer relevant to sell more computers. I think everyone in the technology field sees this.

    Going back to this bug (Which is related) - This bug happens with old computers that are Windows 11 compatible and new "out of the box" computers. The problem only happens with 24H2 though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T14:03:44+00:00

    Depends on the model but what it appears to me is that the hardware loses the ability to see the Windows 11 partition. It doesnt give me the option to put in the BitLocker Key so the encryption does deem to be the issue. It seems to be related to sysprep and maybe the services that control BitLocker. Sysprep seems to be the trigger and the partition seems to become unavailable only after you enable bitlocker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-16T16:15:49+00:00

    Yes I do and nothing happens when I hit the F1 button

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments