Critical System Issues Following Windows 11 24H2 Update: Boot Errors, System Freeze, and Bitlocker Access Denied

Anonymous
2025-01-15T14:00:56+00:00

Two days back I received the Windows 11 24H2 Update on my system "HP Omen 16". Following the installation, I observed two identical entries for 'Windows 11 on volume 3' within the boot menu. No selection was made, and the system successfully logged into Windows after a 30-second delay.

The following workday, I consulted with our IT department regarding this behavior. Upon restarting the system in their presence, the dual boot entries reappeared. Attempts to select between the entries were unsuccessful. Proceeding to 'Change defaults or choose other options' and selecting the 'Repair' option resulted in a system freeze, characterized by an automatic reboot loop.

Subsequent attempts at system recovery using built-in tools encountered the following error:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error Code: 0xc0000225"

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/d99e4b91-e430-4162-a12e-e9bb43699141?platform=QnA

Furthermore, accessing the Recovery Environment by pressing F1 also resulted in a system freeze and reboot loop.

Efforts to utilize a bootable USB drive for recovery were hindered by a request for the Bitlocker Encryption key. It is suspected that the Bitlocker keys may have been invalidated or altered during the Windows 11 24H2 update process, as previously saved keys are no longer functional.

Could anyone please advise/assist on how to proceed? Additionally, I’d like to confirm if there are any extra steps I should take to avoid BitLocker recovery issues while performing this.https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e8b5c6b5-ddd4-45e1-a55e-3e0f9b2c43f9?platform=QnA

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T18:48:34+00:00

    Were you able to resolve the issue without losing data on your SSD? I'm currently experiencing this exact problem on my desktop and am concerned about losing my files. Thanks for posting by the way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T19:29:10+00:00

    I just had 2 people in my office encounter the same issue. They could not open Outlook, so they restarted the computer, and this happens. One got stuck on a boot loop, and the other got this exact same recovery screen. Wonder if it's the 24H2 update that's causing this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Airbus A350 8,015 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-16T15:14:17+00:00

    Hello,

    Are you able to access the Command Prompt from inside Windows Setup on the USB?

    If so, you should be able to do the bcdedit commands listed above. I can help you with those commands if you would like.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T15:02:39+00:00

    Thank You for responding once again. I did it by using bootable USB and choosing Repair options > Choosing Recovery with USB options > choosing Solid State Drive to boot to the Windows.

    Thank you once again for responding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments