Critical System Issues Following Windows 11 24H2 Update: Boot Errors, System Freeze, and Bitlocker Access Denied

Anonymous
2025-01-15T14:00:56+00:00

Two days back I received the Windows 11 24H2 Update on my system "HP Omen 16". Following the installation, I observed two identical entries for 'Windows 11 on volume 3' within the boot menu. No selection was made, and the system successfully logged into Windows after a 30-second delay.

The following workday, I consulted with our IT department regarding this behavior. Upon restarting the system in their presence, the dual boot entries reappeared. Attempts to select between the entries were unsuccessful. Proceeding to 'Change defaults or choose other options' and selecting the 'Repair' option resulted in a system freeze, characterized by an automatic reboot loop.

Subsequent attempts at system recovery using built-in tools encountered the following error:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error Code: 0xc0000225"

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/d99e4b91-e430-4162-a12e-e9bb43699141?platform=QnA

Furthermore, accessing the Recovery Environment by pressing F1 also resulted in a system freeze and reboot loop.

Efforts to utilize a bootable USB drive for recovery were hindered by a request for the Bitlocker Encryption key. It is suspected that the Bitlocker keys may have been invalidated or altered during the Windows 11 24H2 update process, as previously saved keys are no longer functional.

Could anyone please advise/assist on how to proceed? Additionally, I’d like to confirm if there are any extra steps I should take to avoid BitLocker recovery issues while performing this.https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e8b5c6b5-ddd4-45e1-a55e-3e0f9b2c43f9?platform=QnA

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T14:59:45+00:00

    Also, This does not happen with prior versions of Windows. Only 24H2 so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T14:58:19+00:00

    The 24H2 update completely trashed my Dell Inspiron 17 3000- with an Intel I7 10th Gen processor. 64 MB RAM 1Tb HD.

    The OS IS COMPLETELY TRASHED.

    ALL DATA IS GONE- AND IT IS TAX SEASON!

    NO RESET WILL WORK.

    NO RESTORE WILL WORK..

    NO USB BOOT IS AN OPTION.

    DELL IS OF NO HELP.

    Who is going to step up?

    I have very similar issues. Called HP for firefly laptops. HP was unable to help either. Issue appears only after enabling Bitlocker after 24H2 is installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-19T15:16:51+00:00

    The 24H2 update completely trashed my Dell Inspiron 17 3000- with an Intel I7 10th Gen processor. 64 MB RAM 1Tb HD.

    The OS IS COMPLETELY TRASHED.

    ALL DATA IS GONE- AND IT IS TAX SEASON!

    NO RESET WILL WORK.

    NO RESTORE WILL WORK..

    NO USB BOOT IS AN OPTION.

    DELL IS OF NO HELP.

    Who is going to step up?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T09:38:55+00:00

    Hi buddy,

    I appreciate the efforts that you made to resolve this issue. Can you assist with this newly generated issue "Windows 11 24H2 Update Failed - Install error - 0x80070002"?

    I appreciate it if you could assist in this regard.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T04:07:20+00:00

    I also have the same issue on my ASUS laptop, I can't even find ways to resolve this recovery blue screen. There's no option to recover at all even if you uninstall the recent update, it won't. Is there any solution to this without booting via USB?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments