Critical System Issues Following Windows 11 24H2 Update: Boot Errors, System Freeze, and Bitlocker Access Denied

Anonymous
2025-01-15T14:00:56+00:00

Two days back I received the Windows 11 24H2 Update on my system "HP Omen 16". Following the installation, I observed two identical entries for 'Windows 11 on volume 3' within the boot menu. No selection was made, and the system successfully logged into Windows after a 30-second delay.

The following workday, I consulted with our IT department regarding this behavior. Upon restarting the system in their presence, the dual boot entries reappeared. Attempts to select between the entries were unsuccessful. Proceeding to 'Change defaults or choose other options' and selecting the 'Repair' option resulted in a system freeze, characterized by an automatic reboot loop.

Subsequent attempts at system recovery using built-in tools encountered the following error:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error Code: 0xc0000225"

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/d99e4b91-e430-4162-a12e-e9bb43699141?platform=QnA

Furthermore, accessing the Recovery Environment by pressing F1 also resulted in a system freeze and reboot loop.

Efforts to utilize a bootable USB drive for recovery were hindered by a request for the Bitlocker Encryption key. It is suspected that the Bitlocker keys may have been invalidated or altered during the Windows 11 24H2 update process, as previously saved keys are no longer functional.

Could anyone please advise/assist on how to proceed? Additionally, I’d like to confirm if there are any extra steps I should take to avoid BitLocker recovery issues while performing this.https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e8b5c6b5-ddd4-45e1-a55e-3e0f9b2c43f9?platform=QnA

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Airbus A350 8,015 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-17T12:58:40+00:00

    Hello,

    It seems that you already had the problem solved.

    However, error code 0x80070002 means that some of the Windows Update files are not present. Running the in-place repair upgrade should solve that problem.

    Hope to hear back from you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-17T11:15:42+00:00

    I too have not been able to address this problem. My tech support team also tried and they were unsuccessful.

    This has bee on going for months.

    Why does Microsoft not address this problem and correct it.

    I am disappointed in their lack of service/ support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-17T09:57:00+00:00

    Hi buddy,

    I hope you're doing great. This is frustrating that I am not able to update Windows to 24H2 update for the third time. Can you assist and respond to the below thread, if possible? I'll appreciate it very much.

    Thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-24h2-update-failed-install-error/e4e3b601-6a3a-4df6-8c77-63ddd967f67e 

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-16T16:15:49+00:00

    Yes I do and nothing happens when I hit the F1 button

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T14:03:44+00:00

    Depends on the model but what it appears to me is that the hardware loses the ability to see the Windows 11 partition. It doesnt give me the option to put in the BitLocker Key so the encryption does deem to be the issue. It seems to be related to sysprep and maybe the services that control BitLocker. Sysprep seems to be the trigger and the partition seems to become unavailable only after you enable bitlocker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments