Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T11:38:03+00:00

    I have partialy solved with Voicemeeter noise gate on the mic channel and a conference Audio Volume set to -6 dB vs standard application volume

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-13T05:42:15+00:00

    I am using a speaker.

    The problem goes away if I use headphones.

    It does not happen with Microsoft Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T18:14:04+00:00

    After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

    I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

    This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

    I am experiencing the same problem. Where can I vote to prioritize this issue ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-19T00:27:18+00:00

    That's what has happened to me as well. This problem has been around for a while now.

    It looks as though WHatsApp is not taking it very seriously.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-20T18:27:35+00:00

    still happening with 2.2515.7.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments