Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T18:21:22+00:00

    Yes, I have the same problem. I am installing a version from December, it is fine. I contacted whatspp for this, no answer. By the way, the old version is forcing me to update, after a while. How can I overcome this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T19:58:35+00:00

    I have the same issue consistent with the timeframe and environment that everyone else has mentioned. There is clearly a bug introduced that WhatsApp is ignoring.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T04:42:25+00:00

    thanks for gave an answer but know what we do next?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T10:30:58+00:00

    Exactly the same for me too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T19:22:14+00:00

    I this could help I have the same problem, but I found that the problem only exist if I use a second audio device, for example if I listen and talk via an headset with mic and at the same time I send some audio to my default audio device (the monitor speakers). Very extravagant is that if I do not send anything the echo stops and then immediately come back if I play some music for instance. Also if I play in muted from media player, the problem is not what you are listening but if you are sending some signal.

    Just an assumption but it seems like some voice cancellation issue that goes crazy when you use multiple audio output.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments