Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T23:46:46+00:00

    I have the same problem around january 15 anybody knows how to fix it please let me know

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T17:28:58+00:00

    same problemmm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T11:18:00+00:00

    same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T15:58:48+00:00

    This is a WhatsApp issue. Version 2.2502.3.0 was released in Jan 20th and had this bug. I rolled back to 2.2447.5.0 from Dec 6th and there's no echo back down to the caller. WhatsApp latest release 2.2504.2.0 released on Feb 3rd still has this bug. I've tried contacting WhatsApp support but can't get a human response, just the auto generated AI answers which hasn't been of any use.

    Hope this helps someone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T15:24:35+00:00

    This is a WhatsApp issue. Version 2.2502.3.0 was released in Jan 20th and had this bug. I rolled back to 2.2447.5.0 from Dec 6th and there's no echo back down to the caller. WhatsApp latest release 2.2504.2.0 released on Feb 3rd still has this bug. I've tried contacting WhatsApp support but can't get a human response, just the auto generated AI answers which hasn't been of any use.

    Hope this helps someone.

    I also wanted to downgrade due to this. How did you downgrade? is it via filehippo?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments