Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T11:18:00+00:00

    same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T17:28:58+00:00

    same problemmm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T23:46:46+00:00

    I have the same problem around january 15 anybody knows how to fix it please let me know

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T16:54:40+00:00

    I also have the same issue - does not happen on apple devices.

    the Windows PC has just had an update to Windows 11 - was ok before that !

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T10:01:13+00:00

    Same issue here, it is only on WhatsApp, Zoom and Teams still fine. For me I first noted this following Windows 10 update on 15th or 16th January 2025. KB5049981 or KB5050081.

    Windows 10, Camera and mic on top of display and speaker at base of screen. Problen ony on this device, other devices OK.

    Have swapped camera to test. Problem is less evident at the remote end if I reduce volume but why has it changed.

    Not been able to resolve yet.

    Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments