Whatsapp callers suddenly hear echo on their end only

Anonymous
2025-01-31T23:27:39+00:00

After working fine for a couple of years, now whatsapp desktop is a problem - but not for me, for the person on the other end, who hears a full echo of everything they say.

I don't hear any echo. And, when I try the same call on my mobile instead of desktop, no problem.

This is recent, only the past 10 days or so.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T13:24:03+00:00

    How did you run version 2.2450.6.0?
    I downloaded full install package "whatsapp-desktop-2-2450-6-0.msixbundle"

    Installed it and after launch it shows this error:https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/b1f6d1ff-d263-411c-a6c7-9e565f06c78a?platform=QnA

    Update is leading to latest version with echo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T12:11:49+00:00

    I have the same issue and I'm on Windows 10 :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T14:08:28+00:00

    Hello Jay, yes, I can confirm that I have installed version 2.2450.6.0, and fully tested it now, this version suppresses the echo correctly. Just a matter of making sure it does not auto update now. I have also notified WhatsApp of the issue via their contact link. For info to others I tried the Beta version, but that also has the echo problem.

    Regards Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T15:31:38+00:00

    Same bug for me.

    Windows 10. Was working fine for years until Jan 2025.

    Any fix instead of downgrade?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T06:43:43+00:00

    Thank you, this version worked for me https://whatsapp-desktop.en.uptodown.com/windows/download/1042948296 

    The Jan 13 version also has this bug apparently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments